As much as business owners try, they can’t be brilliant at everything. This is why small organisations can benefit from third party support, such as hr consultancy services, payroll and health and safety.
Not having much more than a general understanding about HR, Health and Safety and Payroll (all legal requirements to being an employer) is common amongst business owners. Regular challenges include:-
- Keeping documents up to date, for example employee handbooks & contracts
- Staying on top of health and safety training
- Ensuring policies and risk assessments are up to date and in line with changing legislation
- Gathering the data to run payroll
- Preparing paperwork for annual audits
Utilising external hr support services, businesses can ensure all staff training and important business documentation is up to date and correct.
Outsourced HR Consultancy Services can help businesses remain compliant, by taking care of employment challenges and protecting companies against claims from employees or HMRC fines.
In most cases, the need for HR, Health and Safety and Payroll isn’t full time, so having external support that offers ad hoc work is a bonus.
Understandably money for resources may be scarce, especially for businesses starting out.
However taking into consideration the research and the time it takes for owners to put these measures into place, hr support services can be the most cost effective option.